Polyacrylamide PAM CAS No. 9003-05-8
Water Treatment Chemical: Polyacrylamide PAM CAS No. 9003-05-8,or PAM, is used for the treatment of domestic sewage and organic wastewater. The product is positive in the compound or alkaline medium, so that the sewage with suspended charge in the sewage is flocculated and precipitated, and the clarification is very effective. Such as the production of grain alcohol wastewater, papermaking wastewater, municipal wastewater treatment plant wastewater, beer wastewater, MSG wastewater, sugar wastewater, high organic content wastewater, feed wastewater, textile printing and dyeing wastewater, etc., with cationic polyacrylamide than with anions, The effect of nonionic polyacrylamide or inorganic salts is several times or several times higher, because such wastewater is generally negatively charged.
Polyacrylamide PAM CAS No. 9003-05-8
Name: poly(acrylamide) macromolecule
Alias: Polyacrylamide; Acrylamide; Cationic Polyacrylamide;
CAS No.: 9003-05-8
Molecular formula: C3H5NO
Molecular weight: 71.07790
Exact quality: 71.03710
Polyacrylamide PAM CAS No. 9003-05-8 Physicochemical properties
Appearance and traits: white to pale yellow particles
Density: 1.3 g/cm3
Flash point: >230 °F
Refractive index: n20/D 1.452
Polyacrylamide PAM CAS No. 9003-05-8 introduction
Polyacrylamide (PAM) is a general term for polymers obtained by homopolymerization or copolymerization of acrylamide monomers under the action of an initiator. It is one of the most widely used varieties of water-soluble polymer materials, and is mainly used in oil exploitation, water treatment, In the textile, paper, mineral processing, pharmaceutical, agricultural and other industries, polyacrylamide (PAM) can absorb particles suspended in the sewage to bridge the particles or neutralize the particles to form large flocs. Therefore, it can accelerate the sedimentation of particles in the suspension, and has a very obvious effect of accelerating the clarification of the solution and promoting filtration. Cationic, anionic, non-ionic and other varieties are available to meet the needs of all aspects. It has good water solubility and can be completely dissolved in cold water. Add a small amount of this series to get a significant flocculation effect. Generally, only 0.01-10ppm (0.01-10g/m3) is added to fully function. This series of products and inorganic flocculant (polyferric sulfate concentrate, polyaluminum chloride, iron salt, etc.) can be used at the same time to show better results.
Polyacrylamide PAM CAS No. 9003-05-8 characteristics
1) Flocculation: PAM can make suspended matter through electric neutralization, bridging adsorption, and flocculation.
2) Adhesiveness: It can be bonded by mechanical, physical and chemical action.
3) Resistance reduction: PAM can effectively reduce the frictional resistance of the fluid. Adding a small amount of PAM in water can reduce the resistance by 50-80%.
4) Thickening: PAM has thickening effect under both neutral and acidic conditions. When the pH value is above 10, PAM is easily hydrolyzed and has a semi-network structure, thickening will be more obvious.
Polyacrylamide PAM CAS No. 9003-05-8 use
1) For sludge dewatering According to the nature of the sludge, the corresponding model of this product can be selected, which can effectively carry out sludge dewatering before the sludge enters the pressure filtration. When dewatering, the floc is large, the non-stick filter cloth is not used, and the filter is not Dispersed, the mud cake is thicker, the dewatering efficiency is high, and the moisture content of the mud cake is below 80%.
2) It is used for the treatment of domestic sewage and organic wastewater. The product is positive in the compound or alkaline medium, so that the sewage with suspended charge in the sewage is flocculated and precipitated, and the clarification is very effective. Such as the production of grain alcohol wastewater, papermaking wastewater, municipal wastewater treatment plant wastewater, beer wastewater, MSG wastewater, sugar wastewater, high organic content wastewater, feed wastewater, textile printing and dyeing wastewater, etc., with cationic polyacrylamide than with anions, The effect of nonionic polyacrylamide or inorganic salts is several times or several times higher, because such wastewater is generally negatively charged.
3) The flocculant used for tap water with river water as the water source, the dosage is small, the effect is good, the cost is low, especially the combination with inorganic flocculant is better, it will become the tap water for treating the Yangtze River, the Yellow River and other river basins. The factory's high-efficiency flocculant.
4) Paper reinforcing agents and other additives. Improve the retention rate of fillers, pigments, etc., and the strength of paper.
5) Used in oilfield auxiliaries, such as clay anti-swelling agent, thickening agent for oil field acidification.
6) It is used for textile sizing agent and slurry, with stable performance, less falling pulp, low fabric breakage rate and smooth surface.
Polyacrylamide PAM CAS No. 9003-05-8 Principle
1) Principle of flocculation: When PAM is used for flocculation, it is related to the surface properties of the floc species, especially the potential, viscosity, turbidity and pH value of the suspension. The potential of the surface of the particle is the cause of particle inhibition. The PAM with opposite surface charge can lower the dynamic potential and agglomerate.
2) Adsorption bridge: The PAM molecular chain is fixed on the surface of different particles, and a bridge of polymers is formed between the particles, so that the particles form aggregates and settle.
3) Surface adsorption: various adsorptions of polar group particles on the PAM molecule.
4) Enhancement: PAM molecular chain and dispersed phase through various mechanical, physical, chemical and other effects, the dispersed phase is implicated together to form a network.