Glutaraldehyde is known as the third milestone in the history of chemical disinfection and sterilization after disinfection of formaldehyde and ethylene oxide.
As the production of Glutaraldehyde series Bactericide of the liquid, the product has a low methanol content, no change, no accumulation of toxic characteristics, widely used in sterilization, pharmaceutical and other industries. Glutaraldehyde is an efficient disinfectant with broad spectrum, high efficiency, low toxicity, small corrosive to metals, small influence on organic matter, and good stability. Disinfection and sterilization of precision instruments for medical devices and moisture-resistant heat treatment. Its sterilization concentration of 2%, the city of Glutaraldehyde mainly include: 2% alkaline glutaraldehyde and 2% enhanced acidic glutaraldehyde two kinds. Alkaline glutaraldehyde is commonly used in medical device sterilization, before use should be added to the appropriate amount of sodium bicarbonate, shake evenly, resting for 1 hours to determine the ph value. The bactericidal action of Glutaraldehyde is strongest when ph is 7.5-8.5. Glutaraldehyde sterilization is the role of its monomer, when the ph of the solution reached 6, these monomers have a tendency to polymerization, with the ph rise of this polymerization is very rapid, the solution can precipitate, the formation of the polymer will lose bactericidal effect. Therefore, the basic glutaraldehyde is a relatively unstable disinfectant, 2% enhanced acid glutaraldehyde is polyoxyethylene fatty alcohol ether as a reinforcing agent, has enhanced the role of glutaraldehyde sterilization.
Its ph is less than 5, the bactericidal effect of bacterial bud is weaker than alkaline glutaraldehyde, but the inactivation of the virus is stronger than the alkaline glutaraldehyde, the stability is better than the basic glutaraldehyde, can be used for 28 days in a row.
(1) Sterilization principle: Aldehyde disinfectant to the bactericidal effect of microorganisms mainly rely on aldehydes, such drugs mainly acting on the thiol, hydroxyl, carboxyl and amino of the bacterial protein, can make it alkylation, causing the protein solidification caused by bacterial death.
(2) Main advantages and disadvantages:
① is a broad-spectrum, high-efficiency disinfectant, can kill all microorganisms;
② can be used for sterilization of non-heat-resistant medical devices;
③ Glutaraldehyde in the use of concentration, with a small irritant, low corrosive, safe and low toxicity;
④ is affected by organic matter, 20% of organic matter has little effect on germicidal efficacy.
① sterilization time is long, sterilization generally to reach 10 hours;
② Glutaraldehyde has certain toxicity, which can cause bronchitis and pulmonary edema.
After ③ sterilization, the medical device must be fully rinsed with the distillate water before it can be used. (3) Bactericidal effect: Alkaline Glutaraldehyde is a broad-spectrum, high-efficiency disinfectant, can effectively kill a variety of microorganisms, and thus can be used as a sterilizing agent, but enhanced acid glutaraldehyde killing bud cell effect is slightly weaker.
- Synthetic Ice Crystal Stone
- Introduction To Aluminum Fluoride
- Physicochemical Properties Of Aluminum Fluoride
- The Role And Use Of Aluminum Fluoride
- Precautions For Aluminum Fluoride
- Introduction Of Glutaraldehyde
- Physicochemical Properties Of Glutaraldehyde
- The Harmfulness Of Glutaraldehyde
- The Use Of Glutaraldehyde
- How Glutaraldehyde Is Used
- Considerations For Glutaraldehyde
- Difference Between Soleplate Process And Chlori...