Titanium dioxide (Chemical formula: tio₂), white solid or powder-like amphoteric oxides, molecular weight: 79.9, is a white inorganic pigment, with non-toxic, best opacity, the best whiteness and brightness, is considered to be the best performance in the world today a white pigment. Titanium dioxide adhesion is strong, not easy to chemical changes, is always snow-white. Widely used in coatings, plastics, paper, printing inks, chemical fiber, rubber, cosmetics and other industries.
Its melting point is very high, it is also used to make refractory glass, glaze, enamel, clay, heat-resistant experimental vessels and so on.
At the same time, titanium dioxide has better UV masking, often as a sunscreen agent into the textile fiber, ultrafine titanium dioxide powder is added into the sunscreen cream made sunscreen cosmetics. Titanium dioxide can be extracted by acid decomposition of rutile, or decomposed by titanium tetrachloride. Titanium dioxide is stable in nature and is used extensively as a white pigment in paint, it has good covering ability, similar to lead white, but not like lead white, but it has zinc white-like durability.
Titanium dioxide is also used as a matting agent for enamel, which can produce a very bright, hard and acid-resistant enamel glaze cover surface.
Titanium dioxide is generally divided into anatase type (anatase, abbreviated type a) and rutile (rutile, referred to as R type). On October 27, 2017, the World Health Organization International Agency for Cancer Research published a list of carcinogens, titanium dioxide in the 2 Category B carcinogens list.
Related Industry Knowledge
- Toxicological Data of Glutaraldehyde
- Properties and stability of Glutaraldehyde
- Physical properties of titanium dioxide
- Titanium Dioxide Property
- Surface properties of titanium dioxide
- Categories of Glutaraldehyde
- Molecular structure data of Glutaraldehyde
- Safety Information for Glutaraldehyde
- Classification of titanium dioxide
- Properties of titanium Dioxide
- Solution for the 10 problems of interior coating
- Learn the most comprehensive aluminum knowledge.